We Thrive on the Finished Product!
Our team of spray painters love a good before-after photo. Why? Because we take such great pride in the outcome of our work.
We use an industry-leading auto body paint product on all of our vehicles for 2 reasons:
- The results are undeniable: paintwork sparkling like brand new
- Environmental footprint: leading the way with waterborne paints
The Difference with Waterbase Paints
Opposed to the traditional solvent based, waterbase paints are water-based (meaning they have less impact on the environment).
Axalta has felt a sense of responsibility and created a waterborne product system that not only meets the requirements of nature, but also those of today’s refinisher.
Ready-to-use conventional paint consists of 3 main ingredients:
- Pigments which gives the paint its colour
- Binding agents which determine the properties of the paint
- Solvent which keeps the paint liquid so that it can be sprayed. Conventional base-coat has a solvent content of around 85%.
By comparison, waterborne paint consists mostly of water instead of solvent. The solvent content of a ready-to-spray waterborne paint can be reduced by approx 90%.
It goes without saying that the waterborne paint still has to satisfy all the demands made on conventional base coat, these being easy applications, simple spraying and, colour accuracy.